Every company has its own character. I won’t attempt to tell your brand story here; our agency would have to be engaged to learn more about your business and explore its specific character. What I will do is tell you tcg’s story, and perhaps that will help you start to think about yours:
We make sure our story and character matches whom we hire, otherwise both sides will end up unhappy.
Everyone in our agency loves to make a difference. We love to distill the important from the trivial. We simplify the complicated and design with respect for all learning styles. We are all passionate about hobbies other than the agency, too. We have trapeze artists, singers, authors, painters, jewelry makers, activists, boxers, and rowers on staff. We are proud to be different and just as proud of our connection through these differences. Our own brand story includes:
- Commitment to transparency – no tolerance for gossip. Apart from job reviews, everything else in the offices is an open book for employees.
- Commitment to sustainability – 92% of office is refurbished. Everything we do is based around the 3 principles of sustainable development: Economic growth, ecological balance and social progress.
- Commitment to individual motivation and growth – every single person in the agency makes decisions and is part of a project at some particular point. Every single person can join a strategic meeting, call a client, come to a pitch and throw out ideas.
- Commitment to innovation – every single person follows our zero through 10 principles and can improve upon any single process/methodology we have.
- Commitment to diversity – we don’t take on projects if they don’t match our global make up. For example a staunch religious organization with significant financial backing called us for a social media site. We told them that we weren’t the right fit. We will not take on projects if they go against our core values.
- Commitment to different learning styles: We know that we all learn, share, retain and are engaged by communication differently. We learn about the targets before creating anything and/or we always incorporate multi media so that everyone can have a chance to learn in the way they wish too. We also all know we are ALL busy – no matter what the social or economic status of an individual. In 2008, we’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t multi-task or have ’10 things’ to do daily.
- Commitment to our client: All of us know to listen first. To have empathy or at least sympathy. We all know our clients are very intelligent and they just haven’t had a moment to stand back and look in with an objective point of view. Together, the client and tcg can figure out the best solution.
What are your own brand stories?